- Don’t get angry. There is no reason to take this personally and showing bitterness will scare off future employers.
- Show gratitude. Thank them for their time and remaining polite will keep you in a good light in case their first-choice candidate does not work out.
- Ask for feedback. You can learn valuable information about how you can do better next time.
- Reflect and revise. Take time to create and make changes to your strategies for the next time you pursue a job opportunity.
- Stay in touch. The hiring manager is now a business contact and may provide you with leads for other job opportunities.
W-2 information will be available online in the Employee Portal on 1/31/2019