Tuesday Tips: 5 Tips for Talking Politics at the Workplace
- Don’t do it. Stay productive and focus on the job at hand instead of wasting time on the latest political topic.
- Understand the ground rules at your office. Workplaces can ban political talks as well as posters, signs and buttons.
- Show respect. A simple rule to defusing a potential disagreement is be respectful of opposing views and not wasting your time trying to change minds.
- Be diplomatic. If you feel you are being dragged into a political discussion, remember you do not owe anyone your opinions so you can either decline politely or keep them brief.
- Watch what you say online. What you say on your social media pages can come back to haunt you at work.
This entry was posted in Latest News
. Bookmark the permalink