- Introduce yourself. Try to meet at least two new people and don’t forget the additional guests brought by invitees can be potential contacts as well.
- Talk less, listen more. Ask good questions to uncover helpful information and ways that contacts may be able to find you a new job.
- Avoid touchy subjects. Steer clear of politics, religion, and hot button social issues that may damage the rapport you could build with a contact.
- Offer your business or networking card. If out of work, your networking card should include your name, email, phone number, job objective, and social media handles.
- Follow up. Send a ‘great to meet you’ email and include an article on a subject you know the contact has an interest in as well as a LinkedIn invitation.
W-2 information will be available online in the Employee Portal on 1/31/2019